August 30, 2016

Jessada Techink Museum - 7 years later

Jesada is Thailand's biggest classic car and motorcycle museum and best of all, the entrance is free of charge. The first time I went to Jesada Museum was about 7 years ago, 2 years before starting this blog.
In these 7 years the museum has changed in several ways. The main show 'room' is now better organized, a bit larger and completely covered by a newly installed tin roof. I just can't understand why, after spending so much money collecting these rare vehicles and renovating the whole place, they left the top of the side walls open! Rain, humidity, wind and animals can enter the place and make a mess, if not outright damage the exhibits. Which is what happened.
I remember a splendid Honda Dream50 the first time I went there. Seeing it now, 7 years on, brought a tear to my eye...covered in spots of rust, dust and bird droppings...so sad. A similar fate fell on many other sweet vehicles.
That said, I still love looking at the cool cars and bikes. Another addition to the museum was to create more space for the buses, helicopters and airplanes that weren't accessible last time around.

I found it particularly interesting boarding a big old Thai military plane and a full sized Thai airways plane from the 80s (I think). Don't ask me what they were...I have no clue. The plane wasn't open for visitors actually, but since there was absolutely nobody around, I sneaked in anyway. Sorry about that Mr Jesada....I just couldn't resist! :-)

All in all, it was a nice road trip with my friends and the museum is definitely worth visiting. I do hope they will improve the site the keep those precious wheels for many years to come.

For more info about the museum and directions to find it, please follow this link.

And now, get ready for a wagon load of rusty gold pictures!


The entrance


One of the many micro and mini cars on show













A completely vulcanized passenger seat on a Moto Guzzi Galletto



This is what I call rusty GOLD








This cool scooter had lots of stickers from all over Germany

...spares...

A nice collection of vintage pedal cars and push bikes




Brothers in crime















The Honda Dream50 (2 actually)
 













Love that front end
























Love this rear end






Big ass rear view mirror












The plane I wasn't supposed to board.... :-)




Pretty much wrecked, but still cool to sit down and pretend to be 10 again



No comments: