June 25, 2015

Project Sunmaster 14: Front Forks

After getting the lower forks powder coated, the shop didn't reassemble them, saying that the top screw had to be replaced. So, while I was at it, I bought some nice aluminium caps to adjust the spring preload and a pair of WM progressive springs.

Initially, I planned on putting them together by myself, but after finding out that I had to make a special tool to tighten up the innards of the fork, I had to throw in the towel (no welder). Instead I went to my friend Nose who already worked on my engine and together we got the little puppies back together in no time.

Schematics and detailed part list:
http://www.bikebandit.com/yamaha-motorcycle-sr500g-1980-front-fork/o/m7626sch213986



Happiness is.....a set of forks to continue the bike build


1 comment:

Pressure Cooking Recipes said...

I appreciate you sharing this